In preparation for Tropical Storm Erika, GK Insurance Brokers offer the following checklist of items to have on hand.
- Water, one gallon of water per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation
- Food, at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Battery-powered radio with tone alert and extra batteries
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Can opener for food
- Prescription medications
- Important family documents such as copies of insurance policies, identification and bank account records in a waterproof ziplock bag
- Cash since ATMs may be down after the system
- Sleeping bag or warm blanket for each person.
- Household chlorine bleach and medicine dropper – When diluted nine parts water to one part bleach, bleach can be used as a disinfectant. Or in an emergency, you can use it to treat water by using 16 drops of regular household liquid bleach per gallon of water. Do not use scented, color safe or bleaches with added cleaners.
- Matches in a waterproof container
- Feminine supplies and personal hygiene items
- Mess kits, paper cups, plates and plastic utensils, paper towels
Dear Valued Customer,
You may have heard by now of the pending threat of Tropical Storm Erika.
On its current path Tropical Storm Erika is predicted to affect the Turks & Caicos Islands early Saturday morning. The storm is now about 335 miles east of Antigua.
Its approach has prompted additional warnings to be issued and the full list of territories now under tropical storm warning are: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Montserrat, St. Kitts and Nevis, the US and British Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Vieques, Culebra, St. Maarten, Saba and St. Eustatius. Warnings for other territories including Turks & Caicos could be issued later today.
As your insurance company we want to advise you all to take all the necessary precautions to minimize any damage the storm may cause and ensure that your policies are current.
You can give us a call at 946-4823 or visit our new office in Saltmills Plaza, Grace Bay, Unit #25 (next to the Wrightfully Fit Gym), we will be happy to assist.
We pray for no activity but we stand ready to assist in the event that there is. We are not just your broker but your partner.
The GK Insurance Brokers Ltd. Team
Tropical Storm Danny or Hurricane Danny?
When a Hurricane Warning is Issued
Before The Storm
During The Storm
After The Storm
Police’s Bruno pulls the plug on GKIB Sponsored Mitsubishi Electric
The Turks and Caicos Islands Cricket Association Summer T20 Cricket League Tournament sponsored by HAB Group, continued on Saturday and Sunday; 15th and 16th August 2015 at The Downtown Ball Park, Providenciales.
On Saturday Police won the toss and chalked up a mammoth 247 runs for the loss of 3 wickets from 20 overs. Garvin Bruno was the top scorer with a record breaking 165 runs, which was decorated with 22×4 and 8×6. Ian Ganess wading in with 62 runs, 7×4 and 2×6. The knock handed the GK Insurance Broker sponsored Mitsubishi Electric Team their first loss of the season.
Bowling for Mitsubishi Electric Dax Bruton took two (2) wickets for 47 runs from 4 overs and Neil Coles got one wicket in his four overs.
In reply, Mitsubishi Electric reached 172 runs from 20 overs for the loss of 4 wickets. Captain Paul Collis scored an unbeaten 63 runs, 6×4 and 1×6. Imi Kassan supported with 62 runs, 8×4 and 3×6.
Bowling for the Police; Lyndon Tyson, Vaurice Jervis and Garvin Bruno had a wicket a piece.
Player of the match: Garvin Bruno
Report By: Michael C. Pereira
12th August, 2015
Mitsubishi Electric continued their Dominance
The Turks and Caicos Islands Cricket Association Summer T20 Cricket League Tournament sponsored by HAB Group, continued on Saturday; 8th August 2015 at The Downtown Ball Park, Providenciales.
Police won the toss and batted then reached 169 runs for the loss of 5 wickets from 20 overs. Garvin Bruno lead the way with 61 runs, 7×4 2×6 and Kareem Jack supported with 43 runs which contained 7×4 and Desbourne young added 35 runs 3×6 2×4.
Bowling for the GK Insurance sponsored Mitsubishi Electric team Marlon Graham snatched 3 wickets for 19 runs from 4 overs Ajay Vyas and Craig James had one wicket apiece.
In reply Mitsubishi Electric recovered from a disastrous start to reach the prescribed target in 19 overs for the loss of 3 wickets. Marlon Graham top score with an unbeaten with 83 runs 12×4 2×6 and Vikram John supported with a cyclonic 60 runs which was lace with 9×4 and 2×6.
Bowling for the lawmen Jerry Grant, Lyndon Tyson and Vaurice Jervis took one wicket each.
The Mitsubishi Electric boys are the only unbeaten team in the league.
Player of the match: Marlon Graham.
- Page 1 of 2