Frequently Asked Questions


Q: What Should I Do In The Event Of A Loss?
You must take all reasonable steps to keep the building/property in a proper state of repair and protect the property and prevent damage. However, when any circumstances occur which will or might give rise to a claim, you must:
notify us in writing as soon as possible
notify the police immediately if a crime is involved
supply us (at your expense) with full particulars in writing within 30 days of the incident
forward to us immediately any letter, claim, writ or summons received by you and not make any admission, offer, payment or promise of payment without our consent.
Q: Can I Cancel?
Yes, you may cancel your policy at any time by sending us a registered letter and a refund of premium will be made according to our short period rating scale.
Q: Is There An Excess On The Policy?
In the event of losses arising directly or indirectly from these perils:
Storm, Hurricane and Flood;
Rain accompanying the perils stated in (1) above;
Earthquake and Volcanic Eruption.
Q: At What Value Should I Insure?
You should always insure for the full replacement value of the property.
Q: What Am I Covered Against?
Your home is covered against loss or damage by:
Fire, lightning, explosion
Earthquake or volcanic eruption
Hurricane, storm, flood
Riot, strike or labour disturbances
Burglary, housebreaking, theft or attempted theft, malicious damage or vandalism provided that no member of your household is a party to the loss or damage.
Escape of water from any domestic appliance or as a result of bursting or overflow of any apparatus or pipes situated on the premises.
N.B. In respect of No. 5 and 6 cover will not apply if the premises are insufficiently furnished for normal living purposes.
Q: Why Should I Insure?
Whether you realize it or not the possibility of losing your cherished possessions is ever-present. Can you afford to replace all your valuable possessions if they are damaged or stolen?

Q: I have purchased Comprehensive Cover however the top of my certificate mentions Third Party Cover. Why?
The law, which makes motor insurance compulsory, is called the Motor Vehicle Third Party Risks Law. The reference to third party is simply acknowledging that you have satisfied the legal requirements.
Q: Why do I get a Certificate Of Insurance?
Under the law, the Certificate of insurance is required as proof of the existence of insurance. It must be returned if the policy is suspended or canceled. If it is lost, you should advise us immediately.
Q: What is The Proposal Form?
This form is used by Insurers to gather information about the risk to be insured. For motor insurance some of the things insurers would be interested in are the person who owns the vehicle, the vehicle itself and the drivers. This will enable them to determine whether or not to accept a risk and the premium to charge. All the questions must, therefore, be answered truthfully and any material facts should be disclosed.


A material fact is any information an Insurer would regard as likely to influence their assessment and acceptance of a risk.
Q: My windscreen was recently broken. If I make a claim will it affect my no claim discount?
Your private motor policy covers breakage of your windscreen or window up to a specified amount. There must be no other damage or injury apart from scratches caused by the shattering of the glass. Once this is the case the excess is not applicable and it will not affect your no claim discount.
Q: If I decide to sell my car can I “give” the purchaser the insurance I bought for it?
The insurance contract is a personal one. This means that our decision to insure you, and the premiums you were charged was based solely on our assessment of you. You therefore cannot transfer this cover to another person, not even your child. The position is the same if you are giving the car as a gift.
Q: I have fitted a new music system to my car is it covered?
Accessories, which were not fitted by the original manufacturer, are not automatically covered. It is therefore your responsibility to obtain proof of the value of these items and ensure that they are specifically insured.
Q: I wish to modify my car to boost its performance will it affect my premiums?
If you decide to modify your car to make it more powerful or faster we need to know. Unfortunately, such modifications increases the risks associated with your car and consequently the premiums.
Q: Is it a problem if I insure my vehicle for private purposes and during the period of cover I begin to use my vehicle in my business?
Yes. Our decision to insure you and, the premiums you are charged is based on how you intend to use the vehicle. If you need to change the use you must advise us.

The Information given below is intended to provide a guideline as to the scope of cover offered by each policy and is not exhaustive of the terms, conditions and exceptions which would form the entire document.

For all classes, insurers are interested in your claims experience, previous insurance (s), the physical hazard of the site or location and the owner (s). We should warn that every policy has standard exclusions.


Personal All Risks


For Individuals
Covers “all risks” of loss or damage to valuable personal items, eg. cameras or jewelry.




For Office & Commercial Premises
Covers loss or damage to the Insured’s property as a result of theft or attempted theft (following forcible or violent entry to or exit from the premises) including hold-up.


Business Interruption


For Commercial Premises
Covers against the financial losses that follow a loss event eg. cost of renting alternative premises, working overtime and so on.


Commercial Vehicles


For Commercial Use
Vehicles that are not used for social, domestic and pleasure purposes only. Any type of vehicle that is used for the carriage of goods is considered a commercial vehicle. Examples of these vehicles are not limited to only pickups and motor trucks.


Commercial vehicles fall into two categories:


Private carrier – used for carriage of the proprietor’s own goods.
Public carrier – used for the carriage of goods for hire or reward.


Commercial All Risks


For Office, Commercial Premises, Condominiums, and Hotels
Covers accidental loss or damage, including Fire and the Allied perils, Burglary, Housebreaking, and Theft.


Insurers are specially interested in the security arrangements in place.


Computer All Risks


For Computer and Other Electronic Equipment in Commercial Premises
Covers all risks of loss or damage to the equipment listed (includes additional covers for Data media and increased Cost of processing after an insured event).


Contractors All Risks


For Construction Projects
All risks of physical loss or damage to the property that is under construction.


Insurers are particular interested in previous jobs completed satisfactorily, physical hazards of the construction, the duration of contract, security of the contract site and the type of contract work.


Employers Liability


For Anyone With Employees
Covers the Insured’s legal liability to their employees with respect of accidental death, bodily injury or disease arising out of and during the course of their employment. (It does not replace Health or Accident Insurance.)


Fidelity Guarantee


For Anyone With Employees
Covers the direct pecuniary losses which results from acts of fraud and dishonesty committed by employees.


Insurers are especially interested in the persons handling the cash and the system of supervision and check.


Fire and Perils Policy


For Commercial Or Personal Buildings And Contents
The major perils covered are fire, lightning, explosion, storm, windstorm, earthquake, hurricane, flood, malicious damage, impact and overflowing or burst water pipes.


For this cover insurers are interested in the use of property, the fire protection in place, the construction of the buildings and the flood risk.


Goods In Transit


For Goods In The Course Of Delivery
Covers all risk of physical damage to goods or property belonging to the insured or for which they are responsible whilst the items are in transit. It also covers the items whilst they are temporarily housed in the course of transit.


Insurers are especially interested in the travel route and the type of goods being transported.

Loss Of Profit


For Business Interruptions
Covers loss of profit due to a reduction in turnover, consequent upon damage at the insured premises by fire and allied perils as per the fire policy.


Money Insurance


For Money, Cash, Cheques And The Like
Provides cover for the loss of money generated in the business whilst on the premises or in transit to or from the bank. Cover includes hold-up and damage to your safe.


Insurers are interested in the size of lodgments, who takes the money to the bank, the precautions taken, the method of transportation and the security of the premises.


Public Liability


For Anyone Who Interacts With Or Provides Services To The Public
Covers the insured’s legal liability for death or bodily injury sustained by other persons caused by the negligent acts arising from the operation of the insured business.


Because We Care

Protect your business, yourself and the ones you care about